Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh benefits from two auxiliaries whose members support the agency.
St. Lucy’s Auxiliary to the Blind is a volunteer organization founded in 1957 to encourage and inspire a lifetime commitment of volunteer service in young women. St. Lucy is the patron saint of the blind. St. Lucy’s hallmark event is the Medallion Ball, at which young women are recognized for their volunteer service with the Joan of Arc Medallion that is presented to them by the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh.
Membership and participation help St. Lucy’s to continue to its efforts. For more information, please visit www.stlucysauxiliary.org.
The Auxiliary, Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh, is a service organization that began in 1961 “to acquaint the community with the work and needs of BVRS, and to assist in all ways possible the work of the agency.”
Auxiliary members have the opportunity to volunteer as readers, shoppers, and escorts for persons who are blind or vision impaired. They also help with agency mailings, clerical work, and fundraising. The Auxiliary provides financial support for a variety of BVRS needs. Recent contributions include staff appreciation gifts and events, contributions for renovations, updates, and repairs to the Homestead building, funding for logo signage in the lobby, portable agency displays used for presentations, and a defibrillator.
The Auxiliary is proud to continue its support of BVRS’ important programs. For information about becoming a member, please contact BVRS at 412-368-4400.